Link to Full Report in PDF: http://www.cefims.eu/files/2011/08/D4.5_WS2.pdf
Five European Technology Platforms (ETPs) attended this joint ceFIMS-ETP workshop: Photonics21, ISI, NESSI, Net!Works and NEM. Each ETP presented (1) details about themselves, (2) their R&D capabilities and priorities, (3) their recommendations for future funding instruments.
This workshop opened a communication channel between the Future Internet Forum of Member States (via ceFIMS) and the European Technology Platforms (ETPs) related to the Future Internet. The participants sought to address several topics, including: how each ETP makes a contribution to EU policy objectives for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth in Europe by 2020; what research and funding instruments are required for working towards ‘Europe2020 – The Digital Agenda for Europe’ and the implementation of the Innovation Union; opportunities for synergies between ETP and Member State initiatives; and, how to develop strategic ETP – MS relationships.
(1) Welcome by ceFIMS Coordinator (14.30 – 14.45)
(Incl. overview of ceFIMS)
(2) Presentation from each ETP (14.45 –15.45)
(10 mins each)
What opportunities each ETP foresees for making a meaningful contribution to the EU policy objectives for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth in Europe by 2020?
(3) Round Table Discussion (15.45 – 16.45)
Chair: Willie Donnelly, WIT (ceFIMS Coordinator)
- What research and funding instruments are required for working towards Europe2020, the Digital Agenda for Europe and the implementation of the Innovation Union
- Opportunities for synergies between ETP and Member State initiatives
- Opportunities for cooperation between MS and ETPs
- Developing strategic ETP – MS relationships
(4) Conclusions and Next Steps (16.45 – 17.00)