Future Internet Forum of Member States & Associated Countries
The progress towards a common Future Internet requires the mastering of core technological developments; better networking of knowledge, people, skills, and users within Europe; and taking account of Member States’ strengths and ambitions.
There is a great opportunity to use European-level initiatives to leverage the application and deployment dimension of the Future Internet, whilst further investigating the possibility of putting in place federating instruments such as ERA-NET, Public-Private Partnerships, and Knowledge and Innovation Communities of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology.
During the ICT 2008 Event in Lyon, the National ICT Directors asked the Commission to create a “Future Internet Forum” (FIF) to allow Members and Associated States to share best practices and experiences, overcome fragmentation of efforts and to look for synergies across the programmes and initiatives funded at the national and EU Levels.
The FIF kick-off meeting took place in Prague on 12 May 2009 in the context of the Future Internet Assembly. With 20 countries around the table, the first steps for building a common European strategy on Future Internet have been successfully taken.
- D4.2 Newsletter & Outreach ( pdf version ) – The 1st newsletter to publicise MS national initiatives and project news (August 2014).
- D4.4 Newsletter & Outreach ( pdf version ) – The 2nd newsletter to publicise MS national initiatives and project news (February 2015).
- D4.5 Newsletter & Outreach ( pdf version ) – The 3rd newsletter to publicise MS national initiatives and project news (August 2015).
20-22nd October, 2015; Lisbon, Portugal; The 14th meeting of the Future Internet Forum (FIF) of Member States and Associated Countries (MS / AC) was held in parallel with ICT 2015 Innovate, Connect, Transform in Lisbon, Portugal during 20-22nd October, 2015. News item
25-26th March, 2015; Brussels, Belgium; The 13th meeting of the Future Internet Forum (FIF) of Member States and Associated Countries (MS / AC) was held in parallel with Net Futures 2015: Born to Scale in Brussels, Belgium during 25-26th March, 2015. News item
21st October, 2014; Berlin, Germany; co-located with the 5G Global Conference organized by project Mobile and wireless communications Enablers for the Twenty-twenty Information Society (METIS) project discussing the FIWARE experiences and discussing the emerging 5G initiatives. News item
AD HOC MEETING OF NATIONAL FUNDING AGENCIES WITH THE FI-PPP ON THE USE OF FI-WARE IN NATIONAL PROGRAMMES
1st July, 2014; Brussels, Belgium; see meeting News item
Tenth FIF meeting
9th May, 2013; Dublin, Ireland; co-located with FIA Dublin 2013
Ninth FIF meeting
26-27 September, 2012; Warsaw, Poland; co-located with ICT Proposers Day 2012
Eighth FIF meeting
11 May, 2012; Aalborg, Denmark; co-located with FIA Aalborg 2012
Seventh FIF meeting
25 October, 2011; Poznan, Poland; co-located with Future Internet Week
Sixth FIF meeting
18 May, 2011; Budapest, Hungary; co-located with Future Internet Week
Fifth FIF meeting
17 December, 2010; Ghent, Belgium; co-located with Future Internet Week
Fourth FIF meeting
30 September, 2010; Brussels, Belgium; back-to-back with the ICT2010 conference
Third FIF meeting
Second FIF meeting
23 – 24 November 2009; Stockholm, Sweden; in parallel with FIA Stockholm
12 May 2009; Prague, Czech Republic; in parallel with FIA Prague
Workshops from the antecedent ceFIMS project
Workshops play a crucial role in ensuring the widest possible consultation in the ceFIMS roadmapping process. These workshops provide an opportunity for the Working Group and interested parties to discuss a range of issues related to Member State Future Internet initiatives.
The Working Group will meet in two European-level workshops during the project which will be supplemented by three smaller more-focused thematic workshops. These thematic workshops will be aligned with appropriate events and co-organised with other initiatives.
Three thematic workshops and two European-level workshop have taken place:
- EX-FI Workshop
- ETP Workshop
- Research Council Workshop (EU-level)
- MS Workshop
- Workshop with INFINITY (EU-level)
Deliverables from the antecedent ceFIMS project
The following are selected public deliverables produced by ceFIMS:
- D2.1_Terms of Reference for Secretariat
- D2.2_Terms of Reference for Steering Committee
- D2.3_Terms of Reference for Working Group
- D3.2b Report on Existing Future Internet Activities (as of June 2011)
- D3.2c Report on Existing Future Internet Activities (as of January 2012)
- D3.2d Report on Existing Future Internet Activities (as of June 2012)
- D3.2e Report on Existing Future Internet Activities (as of January 2013)
- D3.3_Potential Synergies Report
- D3.4_Report on Progress Towards MS FI and MS/EU Research Synergies
- D4.1_Terms of Reference for Roadmap
- D4.2_Report from Thematic Workshop 1: PPP (EX-FI)
- D4.3_Report from EU-level Workshop 1: Research Councils
- D4.4b Interim Roadmap
- D4.5_Report from Thematic Workshop 2: ETPs
- D4.7_Report from Thematic Workshop 3: FIF support
- D4.8_Report from EU-Level Workshop 2: INFINITY
- D4.9_Final Roadmap
- D5.1_Dissemination Plan
- D5.2 Newsletter
- D5.4 Newsletter
- D5.7 Newsletter
- D5.8 Newsletter
- D5.9 Newsletter
- D5.5a Future Internet Award
- D5.5b Future Internet Award
- D5.5c Future Internet Award
- D5.5d Future Internet Award
- D5.5e Future Internet Award