es.internet is a national technological platform which aims to develop a Spanish Future Internet (FI) ecosystem which will push Spain to the leading edge of FI research and development. The platform will foster research in a number of critical FI areas such as the Internet of the Network, the Internet of Users, the Internet of Things and the Internet of Services. The platform will also seek to seek to facilitate greater industrial participation in experimental FI projects funded through national and international programmes.
es.internet will co-ordinate the collaboration of a vast array of Spanish research centres and industry partners. This will entail a more focused and dynamic Spanish FI ecosystem capable of combining resources to locate and exploit synergies across the value chain.
- Fostering a more focused approach to FI research, locating synergies between diverse partners so as to reduce the cost of innovation and the length of development lifecycles across the value chain increase the likelihood of achieving research and development objectives
- Facilitating scaled up research and development projects due to the greater integration of the Spanish FI ecosystem
- Contributing through job creation and the dissemination of critical skills and competences across the industry
- Developing common technologies which can be applied to the daily working methods of relevant organizations, thus obtaining productivity gains
- Transferring technologies across multiple sectors thus harnessing of Future Internet research in a variety of cross-sector environments
- Achieving more efficient R&D spending by public authorities
leveraging the effect of private-public partnership investment sin the innovation process as well as mobilising of further resources.
- Creating a digital, knowledge-based economy
- Unifying markets through dismantling artificial barriers
- Increasing social and territorial cohesion through e-Inclusion technologies
- Designing FI technologies to enhance quality of life
- Identifying potential benefits in education and administration of human resources through the application of FI research